Dear Devon Kutsch Orthodontic Patients,
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are still coming to grips with the COVID -19 pandemic and events triggered by it. Everyone on the planet has been affected by COVID-19. We want to update you on our office, it’s measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we are doing everything possible to keep our patients and team healthy.
As you are likely aware, Premier Kenney announced our provincial relaunch plan last week. We have made the decision to re-open our office on Monday, May 11. We have had adequate time to prepare our procedures, supplies and staff for what happens next. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patients and the team at Devon Kutsch Orthodontics.
At this time, we continue to ask for your patience. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel over 2000 appointments. We know there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track. With the COVID 19 precautions we cannot see our normal patient load. This benefits everyone. We will have to be very firm in our processes and procedures. They have been well-thought-out and reviewed countless times by Dr. Kutsch and our team.
Please note: if you already had an appointment scheduled for any time in the month of May, please consider that appointment cancelled. We will update you on any appointments you may have scheduled after the month of May. We appreciate your understanding as we find our new normal.
We have begun rescheduling patients on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis, which we believe is fair, efficient and will serve everyone with getting back on track. Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- All observation appointments are paused until further notice. No observation appointments will be rescheduled until we are back in our regular routine.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have a very accurate and comprehensive list of every cancelled appointment, including the day and time.
- Emergencies will continue to be defined by pain, bleeding or infection. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting aligner retainers do not constitute an emergency.
- A questionnaire assessing your COVID-19 risk is required of all patients as per the Alberta Dental Association and College. Please download THIS document, sign it and email it back to the office as we are minimizing contact and paper waste. Please download the dottedsign app on your mobile device to be able to electronically sign the questionnaire. office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are having signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or deemed to be at significant risk will be asked to leave and return after the specified 14- day self-quarantine requirement.
- We encourage you to wear a mask to our office as well as when you exit the office.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call our office and we will direct you as to when to enter.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception for this will be for very young patients. Of those, only one parent/caregiver may accompany the patient. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed into the office,
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a touchless thermometer. If your temperature is over 38 degrees C, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- Where at all possible, please maintain the 2-metre social distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
- There is a hand sanitizing station inside the first set of doors when you enter the office, please hand sanitize upon entry and exit of the office. This is required of every patient before they are seated.
- The toothbrushing station will be used as a handwashing station should your hands be soiled or dirty, where hand sanitizer is not effective.
- Please brush your teeth before your appointment, as the toothbrushing station is closed.
- The patient restroom will be closed, do please prepare that that before arrival.
- Patients will rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse with a cup at the chair. Rinse for 30 seconds and then split back into the cup where an assistant will suction it out of the cup.
- Our chairs are eight feet apart, maintaining the require physical distancing requirement.
- We ask for understanding while we try to address all your treatment needs during your visit. Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
- WE LOVE OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations may be reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- We will not be providing our coffee or water station during this time of adjusted office protocols.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including Dr. Kutsch, immediately upon arrival at work. Any team member at 38 degrees C or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire required by the Alberta Dental Association and College daily. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home.
We are so grateful for everyone of our patients, this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice; this is why we take your safety VERY seriously. We continue to ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, but the quality you have come to expect from our office will never be compromised. We promise we will work extra hard to get everyone back on track without exposing our patients or team members to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 403-327-6453. We love all of you and can’t wait to see you soon. Here’s to your health and smile.
Dr. Kutsch and Staff